The Tendenci open source CMS can be easily downloaded if you have a preferred hosting provider or are looking to self-host your organization's website.
- View instructions and download the Tendenci source code at the Github repository at Tendenci.org.
- View the ReadMe text here: https://github.com/tendenci/tendenci#readme
Operating System Requirements:
- Any Linux based O/S (we recommend Ubuntu) that supports Python version 2.6.
- PostgreSQL database (default) or MySQL database (requires customization to core software)
- VPS - Root SSH access to server for installation
- Tendenci CMS is approx. 31MB
- PostgreSQL DB is approx. 5MB - 2GB with data
- Tendenci is designed to manage large amounts of photos, images, and files. Our hosted client websites range anywhere from 1GB to over 40GB as they add content and grow their communities online. Be sure to plan accordingly for your site growth when allocating space.
- Tendenci requires a minimum of 512MB RAM.
Hosting Tendenci in the Cloud
Tendenci works best in cloud hosting environments, especially if you're planning on adding new content and images regularly. Any cloud host that supports Python 2.6 is an option. Please see our online instructions to install on a remote server.
Here's Resources to Help Answer Questions You May Have:
Read our blog post on how to select the right hosting partner for your association website.
Join our Open Source Community of Developers, Designers, and Software Integrators
Sign-Up to receive our Tendenci Technology newsletter to keep up with the latest in open source and nonprofit tech.
Here is a list of our recommended cloud hosts:
Enjoy the functionality and flexibilty that comes with the Tendenci open source CMS!