Design, Develop, and Integrate with Tendenci - the Open Source CMS for Non-Profits and Associations!
Tendenci is built on Python and Django, with a PostgreSQL database and was released with a GPL3 Open source license in 2012. We’re seeking developers and designers who want to contribute to our open source themes and plugins for Tendenci. Here's some of the ways for you to get involved with the Tendenci Open Source Community.
We offer three ways for you to contribute to the Tendenci open source community if you’re a web developer:
Our open source community welcomes all levels of developers and designers - including newbs, college freshmen, and programmers who haven't touched code since Fortran!
Design Tendenci Themes
Our themes support CSS/HTML designs and the integration with Tendenci's software relies on Django Template tags.
- Watch this video for a tour of Tendenci's Theme Editor which enables you to upload new theme templates, stylesheets, and images easily.
- Sign-up to receive emails of upcoming design trainings, Tendenci theme design tips, and to get inside access to Tendenci design resources.
Build Tendenci Plugins
Develop custom plugins and add-on apps to provide additional functionality and tools for association and nonprofit websites. We also provide training programs for developers seeking help with a custom integration between a Tendenci site and your existing applications. We're working on a Tendenci API and documentation that we hope to release later this year.
Steps to Get Started Coding with Tendenci
- Get the Download - Tendenci .zip or Tendenci .tar.gz
- Fork Tendenci on Github
- Locally Install Tendenci using these instructions
- Connect directly with our programming team and open source community on our Github Newsfeed
- Subscribe to our Developer news and training updates. (we won't sell or share your info and we'll only send you information on the topics you check below)
More Handy Resources
Here's additional resources for you to discover how fun web development can be on Tendenci, the open source CMS built without using any PHP.
- Find out about Tendenci Open Source Hosting Requirements
- Getting Started hosting Tendenci on Rackspace Open Stack Cloud Hosting
- View Screenshots of Tendenci's Modules
- Check out Tendenci Training Videos
- Find upcoming workshops and online trainings on our Events Calendar